At etisalat, we believe that the PEOPLE are the organisation’s most important assets. Therefore, etisalat has developed several programs targeting the whole span of career levels starting from the early days of joining the company until reaching the executive level of the organisation. Our objective in the Career Development Section is to build the next national generation of corporate leaders in etisalat.
The aim of our programs is to provide etisalat with a pool of highly motivated and qualified leaders from which etisalat can meet its current and future challenges. Our mission is to welcome, develop and prepare Emiratis to start their career path in etisalat until they become cadres backed by outstanding competencies.
• Participation in all career fairs in the UAE
• Arranging Recruitment Open Days for the UAE Nationals in all of the Emirates
• Arranging university visits and collaborations
• Campus recruitment events with major universities
• Association with leading nationalisation entities in the UAE such as TANMIA and TAWTEEN
The program also targets existing UAE National staff, who are continuing their education and obtaining bachelor degrees in various fields. This will allow them to progress in their careers and fulfil their aspirations within etisalat.
The program also aims to prepare etisalat executives to deal effectively with the adaptive challenges by providing them with space to reflect and discover, and for empowerment and growth. The aim is to develop high potential to become future dynamic employees, focusing on all departments and defining goals, objectives and performance standards that are specific, measurable, attainable, and result-oriented using concrete active language.
The program includes the following development methodologies:
1. Assessment and evaluation
2. Classroom training
3. Case studies
4. Action plans
5. Career counselling
6. Mentorship program
7. Job shadowing and job rotation
8. Simulation exercises
The below strategic success factors have been implemented in etisalat for the above program:
1. Measuring the retention of the employees with high potential in the program
2. Evaluation of the candidates' satisfaction level
3. Building individual development plans
4. Involving the participants' names into the succession plans for the company